The grave entry for John Mulligan, who died in 1875, provides information about his occupation, his addresses and the cause of death.
(Click on images to enlarge)
A memorial to Constable Patrick Sheahan which stands at the junction of Burgh Quay and Hawkins Street was built in 1905 from subscriptions raised. James Mulligan, who owned Mulligan’s, contributed to the fund.
Constable Sheahan died while trying to rescue workmen from a sewer.
His grandson, John Sheahan, is a member of the folk group, The Dubliners.